Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Volunteer Spotlight: Daniela Mordechai!


From time to time, we have the opportunity to interview some of our valued JFS volunteers for a little Q&A about their role within the agency. Today, we are excited to share an interview with Daniela Mordechai, who volunteers at JFS { Freda Mohr Multipurpose Center!


How long have you been volunteering with JFS?
I’ve been a volunteer at Freda Mohr since May 10, so over three months now!

How did you originally come to get involved? Where did you hear about JFS?
My great-grandmother is a member at the JFS { Israel Levin center in Venice and she introduced me to JFS.

Can you describe what you do as a volunteer?
In my position as a volunteer, I do outreach and promotional work as well as help with activity coordination for the JFS { Freda Mohr Multipurpose Center.

What’s the best part about volunteering?
I feel as though I am actually doing some very valuable work. People are warm and grateful here and I enjoy my job.

Can you share a special story or memory that you have made as a JFS volunteer?
Towards the end of May, we had our annual health fair at JFS { Freda Mohr. There were so many people and everyone was constantly busy and running around. Even with all the last minute cancellations and other logistical issues the day went very smoothly and a lot of people came. This really marked a point where I started to realize that the kind of work I would be doing as a volunteer is exactly what I’m cut out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment