Friday, May 25, 2012

Shabbat Shalom { From Rebecca Kraemer }

This week's Shabbat post comes from our Volunteer Coordinator, Rebecca Kraemer. In this position, Rebecca is responsible for making sure that every JFS program is assisted by passionate and committed volunteers who are eager to help make a difference in the lives of JFS clients. We're excited to feature her today!

Shabbat has always been a very special time for me. All my life, I have looked forward to celebrating Shabbat every week, because I love having the opportunity to take a break from the craziness of everyday life and focus on what truly matters - spending time with my loved ones and appreciating what we have.

I am proud of the work I do for JFS. Recently, I planned a special event honoring our agency's many volunteers, and more than 200 people attended! After months of hard work, when the event was over and everyone was congratulating me on its success, I felt truly happy - and truly ready for a long, restful Shabbat!

I hope you enjoy looking at some of the photos from the JFS { Volunteer Appreciation Celebration. To view more pictures, click here!

At the event, we presented the fourth Charlotte Kamenir Volunteer of Distinction Award - we were honored to have Charlotte and her family there!





Wishing you and your loved ones a Shabbat Shalom! Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment